Monday, February 14, 2011

V-Day Post

One of the perks about working at a library was finding random things that patrons had left in books. Although you find your traditional book markers or old envelopes, you'd be surprised at how many people use cash or bills and bank statements as book markers. My favorite, though, is a card that someone made for their friend that one of my coworkers found.

Inside the card it reads:

Darling J-Bird,
Your birthday is the perfect chance for me to tell you just how much I adore you. I know we have been friends for a long time, but lately we have grown especially close and I am so grateful. You keep me so grounded and sane, I don't know what I would do without your support. I love you so much. You are one of my favorite people I have ever known! I hope your birthday is as wonderful and full of joy as possible!
Love,
S

When I saw this little letter, my heart melted! For some reason I've been thinking about it all day today, and I couldn't help but share it with you. Wouldn't it be the best to get a letter like that for any occasion? Anyway, I'm thinking of all of you, miss all of you, and can't wait to see all of you when I return to the states! Happy V-day!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I think I might know those people. If that was in Provo.