Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Details

It's all about details. Accessories. The little things of life. It's been said that God is in the details- though God may not be in your wardrobe, there is awesome power to be had in the little accents of your outfit. I hardly wear any patterns at all on my outfits, mainly solid colors, and so to balance out what could be a drab outfit, I jazz things up with accessories. I'm such a shoe whore that I use those as an accent and a pattern to dress up whatever I happen to be wearing. I also use jewelry as a focal point and get a statement pair of earrings or necklace and try to wear it with what I happen to be dressed in that day. Working at a customer service desk, I've noticed that customers/patrons are more likely to say something about your ring, earrings, headband, etc. rather than your outfit (though it's not like every person comments on something I happen to be wearing. I swear I'm not that vain). What's funny is that my style is completely different than some of my friend's. Whereas I wear a lot of solids and express myself through my accessories, one of my friends expresses herself in her clothing- her clothes are usually bejeweled or pattern-y enough that she doesn't wear a lot of jewelry of bold shoes because she would look ridiculous. My rule of thumb with accessories and details is that, with everything, less is more and accessories should do just that: accessorize.

No comments: