Sunday, March 27, 2011

Week 11, OR, How It's the Beginning of the End

March 13
Pilar's roasted chicken with fried mashed potatoes with garlic and sweet vinegar. Fried mashed potatoes? What genius IS this, and why have I never thought to make it before?!

March 14
Oh, how I'll miss seeing the row of can-can multi-colored legs at the market.

March 15a
An hour and a half of dramatic, bold flamenco dancing; such passion! I thought Irish dancers moved their feet quickly--oh no. Flamenco dancers take the cake on that one. I had no idea the human body could move that quickly!

March 15b
After flamenco, we went to the El Junco jazz club in Madrid and heard a couple hours of jazz jam sessions. This topped off an already perfect evening, and hit the spot of my need for sultry, sexy, comforting music.

March 16
This is what I saw on the way home from the Prado museum. Um, yeah, I have no clue.

March 17
Happy St. Patrick's Day! Apparently the Spanish celebrate just as hard as the Irish on this blessed saint's day, or at least they did right outside my window.

March 18
Tonight was our last night with our Japanese roommate Yumi. I'm going to miss seeing her the last couple of weeks I'm staying with Pilar, but I told her that she needed to visit Utah, so maybe I'll see her sooner than I think. Please notice, however, the height difference between the three of us.

March 19
Las Fallas in Valencia was MADNESS and INSANITY! I'm not sure I can think of anything better than lighting 100+ foot paper statues on fire all around the city, strategically located by hanging electrical wires. Just wait until you see the rest of the pictures!

No comments: