Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lovey Dovey Books

So I always get requests from friends and family to make a personalized list of books for them that they would like. Though I enjoy doing that, I hesitate sometimes to make that type of call for them simply because what if my suggestion backfires? I can't handle that pressure! (Just kidding) Anyway, of course most of my friends are still reeling after finishing the Twilight series and need some happy romance in their lives, no strings attached. I'll try and post summaries about all the books I list, but to satisfy their (and your) needs right now, here's a list of romantic books to fulfill all of your romantic needs:

For Juvenile/Teen Readers:
Boston Jane series
East
Sun and Moon, Ice and Snow
The Percy Jackson series (it's there but it may take until the later books to show)
Dragon Slippers series
The Sisters Grimm series (again, it'll take a couple books to show)
Alanna series
Fairest
Ella Enchanted
Once Upon a Time series

For Teen Readers:

Twilight series (obviously)
Blood and Chocolate
Dairy Queen series
Notes from the Midnight Driver (subtle, but it's there)
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series
Graceling (I'm not a huge fan of this book, but you might be)
The Hunger Games
Beastly
Keturah and Lord Death (who doesn't want to date Death?)
The Year My Life Went Down the Loo series (hilarious!)
Eyeliner of the Gods series
All of the Avon True Romance series (the teen versions of "romance novels"- there's nothing bad, I swear!)
The Raging Quiet
Georgia Nichols series (they're British and HILARIOUS!)
The Princess Diaries series
Waiting for Odysseus- Clemence McLaren
Troy- Adele Geras
Sirena
A Great and Terrible Beauty series

For Adult Readers:

Austenland
Practical Magic
Hannah Swensen mystery series (Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder, etc.)
Stephanie Plum mystery series (One for the Money, etc.)
Jayhawk- Dorothy Keddington (it's a Mormon book and it may be out of print, but it's good!)
The Secret History of the Pink Carnation series
Girl with a Pearl Earring
Emilie's Voice
The Women of Genesis series- Orson Scott Card
The Virgin Blue
The Other Boleyn Girl
Memoirs of a Geisha
Jemima J

Don't feel limited by the age groups that I've grouped them in. Feel free to read any book from any age group, though of course if you have a child that's in middle school, you're not really going to want them to read the adult group books. However, if you're a teen feel free to read whatever- I know that I read most of the "adult" books when I was in high school.
Also, a lot of these books aren't specifically "romance" books, but have substantial enough romance in them that they can qualify as romances. Enjoy!

No comments: