Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Book Buying Obsession for June

From used book stores:
Twisted- Laurie Halse Anderson
A Song for Summer- Eva Ibbotson
The Study of Language- George Yule
Linguistics at Work- Dallin D. Oaks

From D.I.
A Far Side Collection: Last Chapter and Worse- Gary Larson
These is My Words: The Diary of Sarah Agnes Prine- Nancy E. Turner
Firebirds Rising: an anthology of original science fiction and fantasy- edited by Sharyn November
Eyewitness Travel Guides: Italy
The Princess Tales: Cinderellis and the Glass Hill- Gail Carson Levine
Out of the Dust- Karen Hesse
Dubliners- James Joyce
Kit's Wilderness- David Almond
The Chocolate War- Robert Cormier
Selected Poems- Czeslaw Milosz
Nickel and Dimed: On (not) getting by in America- Barbara Ehrenreich
Five Quarters of the Orange- Joanne Harris

From various book stores:
The Giant Jam Sandwhich- John Vernon Lord and Janet Burroway
When We Were VeryYoung- A.A. Milne
Travels with a Medieval Queen: the Journey of a Sicilian Princess- Mary Taylor Smith
Four Queens: The Provencal Sisters who Ruled Europe- Nancy Goldstone

If I keep buying books at this rate, I truly will have the library from Beauty and the Beast, which is of course what I want.

2 comments:

Lepi said...

*laughs* I've always wanted it too! I thought it looked so cool in the movie, it was gorgeous!

Jamie said...

Nickel and Dimed is one of my favorite books. :)